Sunday 23 July 2017

Gems from the deep "learning wisdom"



Here are 4 good learning habits 
have found 
invaluable over 
the years





  • Reflection  internal
  • Self-inquiry  internal
  • Feedback  external
  • Surfacing  external

Reflection is when I spend quiet time mulling things over, trying to understand spheres of influence and other reasons why things turned out the way they did. 

Self-inquiry is when I try to understand my motivation in a particular situation, making a mental note of how my motivation influenced the outcome

Feedback is when I seek opinions from others, learning from people's colourful narratives and perspectives, upgrading my mental models and adjusting my approach.

Surfacing is when I use facilitation skills to learn more and go deeper than the symptoms of problems, usually with a group of people who experience similar issues.

 Check out more great learning tips in my eBook Sea of Systems
I have found by using this combination of techniques I can make more impartial and better informed decisions or choices. 

Sometimes it's hard to find time in IT with back-to-back meetings, operational issues and impending deadlinesbut trust me the small investment pays off.  

I explore these and other learning techniques in my eBook Sea of Systems, download it at my blog https://systemsthinkingit.blogspot.com.au




About  "gems from the deep" takes a quick dive into the more detailed and involved concepts explored in the eBooks Sea of Systems and Transparent Delivery (forthcoming).

No comments:

Post a Comment